Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Many goals.......


As I take my first few steps on this venture to blog, my mind is jammed with ideas. I guess I should first introduce myself---I am Ruth and I live in Vermont with my husband, 2 Golden Retrievers, Buddy the cat, 4 French Angora rabbits, and 6 sheep. We moved here from New Jersey about 7 years ago when we only had one Golden Retriever and a cat (not Buddy-more about that later perhaps).

I am an avid knitter, crocheter, and spinner of all things fiber. When I'm not doing that, I earn a living as a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (more about that later too). So, when searching for a name for my blog---I chose something kitchy that encompasses these two very polar aspects of my life i.e.: since I put patients to sleep for procedures, I thought Counting Sheep was very appropo (I was an insomniac in my youth---and my mom used to tell me to count sheep). And, well the "sheep" part fits with my farm life.

Anyway, I titled this post "many goals" because that's what I have---most anesthetists have a type A personality and we tend to be over-achievers. So, I'm going to attempt to start small---I want to blog about my life here on the farm as well as my career which I believe many people find mysterious---I'll attempt to take some of the mystery out of it.

A mid-range goal of mine is to start podcasting and that I'm really excited about---and I'll post about my progress with that.

Hopefully, I'll be able to get pictures up with each post which will include what I'm working on and farm life (can't really post pictures about job stuff as it would violate privacy laws).

So enjoy reading; and post a comment---I welcome suggestions, questions, comments......
Until the next post,
Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment