Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Hot, hot, hot.........

It's 93 degrees Fahrenheit here in Windsor, VT and weather.com says it feels like 101. I concur. I'm not particularly fond of the hazy, hot, and humid type of weather----I moved to Vermont almost 7 years ago to escape that. Lucky for us, we don't have to put up with too much of it as Vermont tends to have more tolerable weather conditions than New Jersey (my state of origin). Right now, I just praying for a break in the trend which may come within the next couple of days----as an anesthetist, I spend most of my waking hours in a super-cooled environment---so my body is "used" to being cool and so, this weather poses a problem to my equilibrium.

Well, enough about the weather-----the DH and I helped our friends hay this week------yes, if you think just moving around in these weather conditions is tough, try slinging bales of hay in it. We have about 180 bales in the barn of first-cut hay and we are happy campers about that---'tis more than enough to get us through the coming winter. The HUGE field that our friends hayed brought in ALOT more than what now resides in our barn and we're still wondering where to store it all.

July 3rd (the start of the Tour de Fleece) has come and gone and I must confess that I have not yet begun to spin my project for it (see prior posting). I will, however, "catch up"----many, many tasks (besides haying) have hindered me from sitting down at the spinning wheel---but I assure you, that I will not disappoint Team CogSpintive! We are all aware of how 'life can get in the way' of our intentions.

I am proud to say that I've skirted all of my sheep's fleeces and they have been sent off to be processed into roving----even in the heat, I've made some progress (oh, talking about the weather AGAIN!!).

This Saturday, my friend Jennifer and I will be going to the Crochet Guild of America's annual show in Manchester, NH. I'm going to be taking a class in Bruges lace and also cruising the market for any and all things unknown to me---looking forward to it---should be fun and I'll bring back a full report on it here!

Stay cool everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment